Birthwell Postpartum Doula
BENEFITS OF A POSTPARTUM DOULA
Research shows that trained Postpartum Doulas help ease a family’s transition into parenthood, increase parenting satisfaction, and reduce the risk of postpartum mood disorders.
A Birthwell Angel postpartum doula is a professional support person trained in the needs of the family in the days, weeks, and months after birth, or after the addition of a new baby via adoption. The doula provides guidance, practical and non-judgmental support, evidence-based education on all baby topics immediately after birth and through the first year if needed. Most families hire a postpartum doula for 1-3 months within the sweet and challenging time of the “4th trimester”. Some families need help for 6 months or longer, especially for sleep challenges.
POSTPARTUM DOULA SUPPORT IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE:
- It creates a restful, nurturing and loving environment.
- Encourages parents to trust their abilities, instincts and talents.
- Screens for postpartum mood disorders.
What you can look forward to..
Our postpartum doulas in Los Angeles care not only for the birthing parent but also her partner, the baby, the home, and siblings. We help your home run smoothly as you make this transition:
- Breast feeding support
- Newborn care and education
- Anxiety relief
- Meal prep
- Light housework
- Overnight care when needed
- Holding baby for sleep and showering
- Baby laundry
- Shopping and dog walking
- Sibling intergration
- Assisting with first Doctor visits
- Helping plan for good sleep habits
POSTPARTUM ANGEL DOULA PRICING
- Tier 3 Doula: $45/hr. More than 5 years of experience, or sleep/lactation specialist.
- Tier 2 Doula: $35/hr. 2 – 5 years of experience.
- Tier 1 Doula: $30/hr. 1 – 2 years of experience.
Please email or call with your questions