At Birthwell Los Angeles, we believe that it is extrememly important for women to take responsibility for their bodies, babies, and births. This reclaiming of one’s power is facilitated though education and communication. Our goal is to encourage families to launch inquires of their own to discover what is truly important for them and what resonates with their desires and values. Here are some resources to help you begin your investigation.
- Emily Bartlett is a licensed acupuncture practioner and fantastic resource for healthy living and parenting.
- Natural Childbirth
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- Anna Verwaal, amazing Doula and birth educator. Incredible birth photography!
- Midwifery Today Magazine
- Midwife Robin Lim’s birth center in Bali
- Dr. Lauren Feder
- Bini Birth – Great Birth Classes in Los Angeles
- A Mother’s Haven
- The Pump Station
- Golden Bridge Yoga
- Check out this homebirth photo from Austrailia
- Birth Coaching - Alexandra Du Toit, MA, RYT
- La Leche League – for local breastfeeding groups
- Breast Feeding – for breastfeeding support
- Sacred Birthing – a non-profit organization dedicated to teaching parents and caregivers how to receive a baby in a way that retains their vast consciousness
Best Birth Films
- Wise Woman Herbal: Childbearing Years by Susun Weed
- The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition and other Holistic Choices by Aviva Jill Romm.
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- The Parents’ Concise Guide to Childhood Vaccinations: Practical Medical and NaturalWays to Protect Your Child, by Lauren Feder, MD,
- Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League
- Breastfeeding Your Baby by Sheila Kitzinger
- Natural Family Living Peggy O’Mara
- The Baby Book by Dr. Sears
- Healing our Children: Sacred Wisdom for Preconception, Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting by Ramiel Nagel
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- After Baby’s Birth by Robin Lim
- Listening to Your Baby by Jay Gordon, M.D.
- Wisdom from Midwives
- Dr. Paul H. Crane, MD, Beverly Hills, CA – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Dr. Olivia Crookes, MD, Santa Monica, CA – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Dr. Frederick Kohn – TARZANA, CA Gynecologist (OBGYN)
- Dr. Lauren Feder
- Dr. Jay Gordon – holistic pediatric advice
- Dr. Berlin, Chiropractor
- Dr. Ashkan Jalili, Chiropractic Neurologist
It is very important that you resonate with your midwife. We recommend that you interview several different Midwives and Doulas to make sure that you have found a “perfect fit”.
Here are some other fabulous Midwives to choose from.